Skip to main content

It is not permissible to cry at the suffering of the Kuffar

Another incident that Nasibis seek to twist as proof that crying for Imam Husayn (as) concerns the lack of remorse offered by Prophet Shuayb (as) for his people. We read in Surah e Araf verses 91-93:
[Yusufali] But the earthquake took them unawares, and they lay prostrate in their homes before the morning!
The men who reject Shu’aib became as if they had never been in the homes where they had flourished:
the men who rejected Shu’aib – it was they who were ruined!
So Shu’aib left them, saying: “O my people! I did indeed convey to you the messages for which I was sent by my Lord: I gave you good counsel, but how shall I lament over a people who refuse to believe!
According to the words of Prophet Shu’aib (as) lamenting over the calamities befallen on righteous people is permissible but not for those calamities that confront unbelievers. This is clear from the verse; he (as) refused to lament for those that did not believe.

Comments