Skip to main content

Some Interesting Incidents ( Miracles of Imam Hussain (AS))

Allamah Majlisi quotes in his Tohfatuz Zaereen from Irshadul Quloob and Farhatul Uzza that a virtuous man from Kufa relates that,
Once on a rainy night I was seated in the Masjid of Kufa when some people entered the Mosque from the door near the shrine of Muslim bin Aqeel carrying a bier with them. They kept the bier on a mound. One of the persons accompanying the funeral felt asleep. He dreamt that two persons came near the bier, and one said to the other that I will settle his account fast before he is taken to Najaf, because then I will not be able to go near him. The person got up from his dream and narrated it to others who understood the whole situation (that the two men were Munkar and Nakeer who had come to question the dead man), and lifted the bier and proceeded towards Najaf to save the dead man from chastisement and the questioning.

Incident - 2
Allamah Behbahani says that once I saw Imam Husain (a.s.) in a dream and asked him, O my Master! Will the one buried near your grave also be questioned? Imam Husain (a.s.) replied,
Which one of the Angels have got the nerve to question him who is buried near my grave.

Incident - 3
It is written in Hablul Mateen that Meer Muinuddin Ashraf who was one of the virtuous attendants of the shrine of Imam Ali-ar-Reza (a.s.) says that, Once I dreamt that I was in the shrine of Imam Reza (a.s.) and was coming out to perform ablution (wuzu). When I came near the mound of Ameer Ali Sher, I saw a group of people entering the shrine. An eminent personality was leading them, and they all carried spades in their hands. As soon as they entered the shrine, the eminent personality pointed towards a particular grave and said, Dig out the wretched fellow from his grave. Hearing his command they started digging the grave. I asked one of those men as to who that man was. He replied that He was the Commander of the Faithful, Ali (a.s.). Suddenly I saw that Imam Ali-ar-Reza (a.s.) came out of his shrine and greeted Imam Ali (a.s.). Hazrat Ali (a.s.) answered his greeting. Imam Reza (a.s.) said, O my Respected Grandfather! I request you, and have faith that you will forgive this person on my behalf who lies buried here under the shelter of my shrine.
Amirul Momeneen (a.s.) answered, O my dear son! Do you know that he was a mischief-creator, an adulterer, and a drunkard? Imam (a.s.) replied, I do know, but when his last moment neared he willed to be buried under the shelter of my shrine, so I request you to forgive him on my behalf.
Hazrat Ali (a.s.) forgave him and left. I awoke from my sleep in awe and woke up the other attendants and related to them my dream. We all went to the place that I had seen in my dream, and found a newly constructed grave, whose mud was scattered. After inquiry we learnt that a Turkish man who had died was buried there the day before.

Incident - 4
Haji Ali Baghdadi had the honour of meeting Imam Mahdi (a.s.) and ask him some questions. One of the questions put forward by him was that Is it true that a person who goes for the pilgrimage (Ziarat) to the shrine of Imam Husain (a.s.) on Friday night receives salvation?
Imam (a.s.) replied, Yes, by Allah. Haji Ali Baghdadi says that I saw tears in the eyes of Imam (a.s.). Then I asked him another question, In the year 1269 A.H. when we went for the pilgrimage (Ziarat) to the shrine of Imam Ali-ar-Reza (a.s.), we met a nomadic Arab who was a native of Najaf. We invited him for a meal and asked him his views regarding the reward of the love of Imam Reza (a.s.). He replied, Paradise, and said, Since the past fifteen days I have been feeding from the wealth of Imam Reza (a.s.), do Munkar and Nakeer have the nerve to come near me. The food which I consumed from the table of Imam Reza (a.s.) has turned into flesh and blood. I asked Imam Mahdi (a.s.) whether his claim was true. Imam (a.s.) replied,Yes it is true. Imam Reza (a.s.) himself will come and save him from the questioning in the grave. For verily by Allah! My Grandfather is a Zamin (surety) Imam. 
Incident -5
Allamah Husain Noori narrates in ‘Darus Salaam’, that Allamah Sayyed Ali b. Hasan al Husainee Isfahani told him that: When my father died in Isfahan, I was studying in the Theological School (Hawza) in Najaf. The pending works of my father that were to be fulfilled, were assigned to the care of my brothers, regarding which I was not aware. Seven months after my father’s death my mother too died. She was brought to Najaf and buried there. One day I dreamt that I was seated in a room. Suddenly my father entered therein. I got up as a sign of respect and saluted him. He sat with me and listened carefully to my conversation. I was aware that he had died, and so I asked him as to how did he reach there when he had died in Isfahan. He replied, “After people buried me, I was shifted here in Najaf, and now this has become the place of my dwelling.” Then I asked him whether my deceased mother was with him. He replied in the negative, which made me shiver. He then replied that she too was in Najaf, but at a different place. I then concluded that my father was a Scholar (Aalim), and that a Scholar’s status was more than an ordinary man. Then I asked him about himself and he said that, “Formerly I was in deep trouble and faced many difficulties. But praise be to Allah, the trouble is now eased, and I am in peace.” I was surprised and asked him the reason for it. He replied, “I owed some amount to Haji Reza, the son of Aqa Baba, but I died and hence was punished because of it.” I woke up from my dream and thought over. I then wrote a letter to my brother who looked after the property of my father. I wrote to him the whole incident, and requested him to find in the records of the book of loans (of my father) if any amount was due to Haji Reza. After some days my brother wrote back that he had searched in the creditor’s register, but could not find any outstanding amount due to Haji Reza. I wrote back to him to go personally to the said person and ask him. After some days my brother wrote back that he visited Haji Reza. He said that he owed 18 tumans to our father, but had no witness for it except Allah. He said that after the demise of our father, he had asked my brother if his name was written in the creditor’s register but he said no. He thought to himself that if he claimed the amount he had no witness for it. He relied on our father that he would surely have written it in his register, but when his name was not found he thought that he must have forgotten to record it. When my brother tried to repay him the amount, he refused to accept the money and said that he had forgiven our father, and freed him from the loan that he had owed him. 

Incident -6
Allamah Husain Noori relates in ‘Darus Salaam’ from Haj Mulla Abul Hasan Mazandarani who says that: I had a friend named Mulla Ja’far b. Muhammad Husain Tabrisani who lived in a town named ‘Teelak’. Once there broke out a severe epidemic, and many people died of it. People had appointed Mulla Ja’far as their trustee to distribute their loans if they died. But it so happened that after some time Mulla Ja’far himself fell prey to the epidemic, and the money was left undistributed. When I went to Karbala for the Pilgrimage (Ziarat) to the Shrine of Imam Husain (a.s.), one night I saw in a dream a man in whose neck was bound chains, from which fire was spurting out, and two men had held him. The tongue of the imprisoned man was hanging out from his mouth and lying on his chest. When he saw me, he came near and I recognized him to be my deceased friend Mulla Ja’far. I was shocked and asked him the reason for this punishment. When he tried to answer me, the two men pulled the chain and dragged him behind. This happened thrice, and I woke up from my sleep with a loud cry. Hearing my screams, my fellow-student Aalim who was sleeping besides me also got up. I narrated to him the whole dream. Coincidentally it was the time of opening the gates of the Shrine of Imam Husain (a.s.). I told my companion that it would be better if we went to the Shrine of Imam Husain (a.s.) and offer salutations, and ask for Mulla Ja’far’s forgiveness. It is possible that Allah may forgive him. We went and prayed for him. Now twenty years passed but I received no further news about him. I presumed that the punishment was being meted out to him because he did not make haste in passing on the loans of the deceased people to their creditors. By the grace of Allah, I got the opportunity to go for the Pilgrimage (Haj), and then I went to Madina. Suddenly I fell ill, and my state worsened to the extent that I could not even walk. I requested my companions to bathe and clothe me, and carry me on their shoulders to the Shrine of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). They thought that it was my last wish and carried me to the Shrine. When I entered therein, I became unconscious. My companions left me to their respective chores. When I regained consciousness they took me near the tomb and lay me there. I recited the ‘Ziarat’ (Salutations). Then they carried me behind the Shrine to the house of Hazrat Fatema (as). When I was laid there, I requested her to cure me, and I also said, “O Sayyedah! We have heard that you hold your son Husain (a.s.) very dear, and I am one of the care-takers of his Shrine, hence for his sake please request Allah Almighty to grant me health.” Then I turned towards the grave of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) and asked wishes from him. Then I asked him to forgive all my deceased friendstaking each name till I reached the name of Mulla Ja’far. Suddenly I remembered the dream and started weeping. I requested Allah to forgive him, because twenty years back I had seen him in a dream in a terrible state. With sincerity and solemnity I prayed for his forgiveness. Suddenly I felt my weakness to be eased. I got up, and without taking the help of others reached my place. Hazrat Fatema (as) answered my prayers and I was totally cured. We left Madina and went to the mountain of Ohad. We recited Ziarat of the Martyrs of Ohad. There after twenty years I again saw my friend Mulla Ja’far in a dream. He was wearing a beautiful white dress, a turban was wound on his head, and he held a staff in his hand. He came towards me, saluted and said, “Verily a friend has to do the same as you have done for me. Previously I was in great trouble until you prayed for me. Allah relieved me from the punishment just before you came out of the Shrine. The Angels then bathed me in clean water. The Holy Prophet (pbuh) gifted me this dress, and Hazrat Fatema (a.s.) presented me with this cloak. I am now in peace, and have come to offer you thanks for what you have done. I also give you the good news that you have been cured of your illness, and will soon return to your family who are fine.” I awoke from my sleep and offered thanks to Allah.
Incident -7
It is written in ‘Darus Salaam’ that Shaikh Haj Mulla Ali relates from his father Haj Mirza Khaleel Malharani, who says that: I was in Karbala while my mother lived in Tehran. One night my mother came to me in a dream and said, “O my son! I have died, and am being brought to you for burial in Karbala, and my nose has been broken.” I awoke frightfully. After some days I received a letter from my brother stating the news of the demise of my mother. It was also written in it that her corpse was being sent to me at Karbala to be buried there. The people from the caravan who brought the corpse told me that the bier was kept in a guesthouse. I accepted the reality of the dream, but was confused regarding the statement my mother made that “my nose has been broken.” I lifted the sheet from her face and saw that her nose was broken. I asked the people of the caravan regarding it. They replied thatwhen they brought my mother’s corpse here, they kept it in a guest house along with other corpses. Suddenly there ensued a quarrel amongst themselves, and in the collision the corpse fell down. Maybe that would have been the reason for it. I was grieved and took her corpse to the Shrine of Hazrat Abbas (a.s.) and placed it near the grave, and said, “O Abul Fazl! My mother was not serious about Prayers (Namaz) and Fasting (Roza), and sometimes neglected it. Now she lies here near you, so please ward off her difficulty. O my Master! I take responsibility to offer fifty years of the elapsed (Qaza) Namaz and Roza on her behalf.” Then I buried her but later forgot to fulfill my promise.After some days I dreamt that some people had gathered in front of my house. I came out and saw that my mother was bound to a tree, and was being lashed severely. I screamed and asked them the reason for this punishment. They replied that they had been commanded by Hazrat Abbas (a.s.) to punish her until so and so amount is not paid on her behalf. I entered my house and brought the money and gave it to them. Then I untied my mother, and took her inside my house. I got up from my dream and calculated the sum, and found it to be equal to the amount for the performance of fifty years of elapsed Namaz and Roza. I took the money and went to the great Aalim of our time Sayyed Ali, and requested him to do the necessary arrangement to offer the elapsed Namaz and Roza of fifty years on behalf of my mother. The author of the book Mirza Husain Noori says, that the above incident is stated here to demonstrate the severity of the punishment due to laziness in worship, and sanctity of the places of Pilgrimage (Ziyarat). 
Incident -8
Haji Shaikh Mulla Ali quotes from his father Haj Mirza Khaleel Malharani who says that: In Tehran there lived a person named Ali Talib who worked in a bath-house. He did not offer Prayers (Namaz) nor fasted (Siyam). One day he went to a mason and told him to construct a bathhouse for him, and agreed to offer the payment. The mason asked him as to where he got such a huge sum, to which he replied that it was none of his business. The mason did as ordered, and the bathhouse was built which became famous by his name. Mulla Khaleel further says that:
Once when I was in Najaf, I dreamt that Ali Talib was in Wadi-us- Salaam in Najaf. I was surprised and asked him as to how could a person like him who did never ever offer prayers nor fasted be in Wadi-us- Salaam in peace. Ali Talib replied that, When I died, I was bound in chains and shackles, and was being taken to be punished, when I received news that Haj Mulla Muhammad Kirmanshahi, one of the great Ulama of Tehran, had favoured me by appointing so and so person to perform the Pilgrimage (Haj) on my behalf, so and so person do perform my elapsed Prayers (Namaz) and Fasts (Siyam), and so and so person to pay the (Zakat) and atonement of rights (Radde Mazalim) on my behalf. He left no due pending on me, and thus I was freed of the punishment. May Allah have mercy on him. Mulla Khaleel Malharani says: I awoke from my sleep and was astonished. After some days a group of people came to visit Najaf from Tehran. I asked them about Ali Talib . They said that he had died, and Mulla Muhammad Kirmanshahi had appointed so and so persons to pray, fast, perform Haj, and give Zakat and Radde Mazalim on his behalf. The names of all the persons mentioned by them were the same as told to me in the dream by Ali Talib. This incident is in accordance to the tradition which says that whatever good-deeds are performed on behalf of the dead person, surely benefits him. It is possible that sometimes a dead person faces troubles and difficulties, but such good deeds performed by others on his behalf, relieve him. It is also demonstrated through the above incident that any believer (momin) who dies in the east or in the west, his spirit (rooh) is taken to Wadi-us- Salaam. It is also narrated by Masoom (a.s.) that it is as if I see the group of dead people conversing with one another.  
Incident -9
Shaikh Sa’eed Qummi narrates in “Arba’eenat” from a trustworthy authority, who told him that Shaikh Bahauddin Ameli once went to visit a wise man who lived near a cemetery in Isfahan. The wise man told Shaikh Bahai: Some days back I witnessed an astonishing incident, which I would like to tell you. Some people came here with a dead body, buried it and went away. Suddenly I smelt a fragrance the likeness of which I had never smelt before. I turned towards the left and right to see where it came from. I saw a handsome young man wearing splendid clothes going towards the newly made grave. He went and sat near the grave. I was all the more surprised when I saw the young man disappear into the grave. After sometime I smelt a bad odour the likeness of which too I had never smelt before. I saw an ugly dog going towards the grave and disappear in it. My astonishment knew no bounds. I was wondering about what actually was happening, when I saw the young man coming out of the grave in a bad state. His whole body was bruised. He started running away from the grave and I followed him. I stopped him and asked him the reason for running fearfully. The young man replied, “I am the dead man’s good deeds, and was commanded to accompany him in his grave. Suddenly the dead man’s evil deeds came in the form of a dog. I tried to keep him away from the dead man, but it bit me and wounded me all over. He made a bad state of me and I could no longer remain in the grave. Hence I have come out leaving the dead man to the mercy of his evil deeds.” (The dead man’s evil deeds were stronger than his good ones). When Shaikh Bahai heard this incident, he told the wise man, “Verily the incident is true, because it is narrated that the deeds (good or bad) that a person performs in his lifetime, are given a physical form.”
Shaikh Sadooq in his book ‘Amali’ narrates that once Qays bin Asim Minqari came to the presence of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) accompanied by some people of Bani Tameem. He requested the Prophet (pbuh) to advice him. The Holy Prophet (pbuh) replied, “O Qays! When you die, a companion will also be buried along-with you, who will be alive while you will be dead. If the companion would be blessed, you will get peace, and if he would be accursed, you will fall in anguish. Compel your companion to become good, because if you will be good, you will love him and respect him. While if you will be bad, you will hate him and neglect him. Verily this companion are your good deeds.”
Qays said, “ O Prophet of Allah (pbuh)! I wish that this advice be framed in a beautiful couplet, so that it could become the reason for our honour.” The Prophet (pbuh) sent someone to fetch Hisan bin Sabit, a poet. At that moment Salsal bin Walahmas was present there, and he compiled fine beautiful couplets expressing the idea. Shaikh Sadooq relates from Imam Ja’far-as-Sadiq (a.s.) who says that the Holy Prophet (pbuh) said, “Once Prophet Eesa (a.s.) was passing by a grave which was engulfed in the wrath of Allah. After one year when he again passed that same grave, he saw that the punishment had been stopped. He asked Allah the reason for such a change. Allah revealed to him: O Isa! The dead man has left behind him a virtuous son, who when he reached adolescence, rectified the mistakes done by his father. He helped the orphans and sheltered them. Hence I have forgiven him because of his son’s good deeds.” 

Comments

  1. Lolololol and yet they think its not kiffir or shirk and they everybody else mushrik nasabin and kuffirs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do u know about Shirk, You Mr. Anonymous ????
    We shias do not worship Imam Hussain or any other Imam.
    Simply asking help is not Shirk.
    Go and study Quran and authentic traditions before jumping to any conclusion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Stupid, Mr Anonymous,
    Where is it said in Quran that dont go to the grave and ask help from human. ?????
    In fact we see in Quran many examples in the history of the previous prophets(as) where they took the help of the human beings and Allah has not condemned them for these acts.

    Go and read the story of Hazrat Sulayman asking his people who would get me the throne of Bilkis ???
    Or go and read the story of Hazrat Yusuf(AS) where he gave his shirt to his brothers and requested them to put his shirt on the face of Hazrat Yaaqoob and his eye sight would be restored.
    Go and read the history of Islam. Prophet(SAWA) had called multiple times to Ali(AS) for help against Kuffar.
    I advise you to go and read Quran with open eyes in the light of good tafseer. You people are brain washed by your mullahs. If we criticize some Sahabas for their criminal activities whats wrong in that....After all they were human being like us and not any appointed Prophet or Wali by Allah.

    Lol!!! Shias talk bullcrap and you talk sense. !!!! What a foolish logic by foolish people like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ask Allah directly for the helps you want no one can help except him.And know that no one is going to take on for anyones sins but they themself. And asking someone alive and asking some one dead is tottaly different

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Anonymous,
    Allah has himself discuss Waseelah in Quran.
    You said :" And asking someone alive and asking some one dead is totally different"

    Can you prove how it is different ??? And why according to you asking help from alive is not Shirk and asking help from the one who is dead is ShirK ???? Can you please prove this ?????

    All dead persons are not equal in front of Allah. Go read Quran, Allah says in Holy Quran Surah Baqarah ayat no. 154.

    وَلَا تَقُولُواْ لِمَن يُقتَلُ فِى سَبِيلِ ٱللَّهِ أَموَٲتُۢ‌ۚ بَلۡ أَحيَآءٌ۬ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا تَشعُرُونَ

    And do not speak of those who are slain in Allah's way as dead; nay, (they are) alive, but you do not perceive (154).

    Understood, Mr, Anonymous. Allah says they are Alive. So if they are alive then they can definitely help like the people those who are alive. Allah also says " You do not perceive " It means that people like you will not understand how they are alive after their death.

    And one more thing you said : " And know that no one is going to take on for anyones sins but they themself."

    Do you believe that we are crying on Hussain(AS) because of the past people's sin. ????

    Nay, No. We dont cry on Hussain for wiping the sins of those people. We, Shias cry on Hussain (AS) because of our utmost love for him and we cry because Imam Hussain(AS) was killed in the most brutal manner by the so called caliph of muslim , Yazid.
    We cry to dissociate ourself from YAzid and his followers. We cry because Hussain(AS) was killed to saveguard Islam from the bid'at of Banu Umayya.

    Our love for Hussain make us to cry when we hear that he was killed thirsty and hungry along with his children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mind blowing reply...mr. abdullah....

      Delete
    2. Very nice reply we mourn for Imam Hussain bcoz our Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him mourn for Imam Hussain in his grave.We mourn for him for humanity sake.When Abu jahal put stones in prophets way to tease him Allah sent a whole surah on him to curse Abu jahal. Imagine how much our prophet would have cried when his whole clan was brutally slain in Karbala.And how much the Almighty will punish Imam Hussain murderers.You people have forgotten all the hadith of prophet when he said Hussaino minni wa ana minal Hussain .
      When he said My ahlebait r like boat of Nooh whoever have embarked in it will get salvation.
      When he said My Fatima is a piece of my whoever teased her he teased me who teased me teased Allah.Allah told in Quraan that they have become dead and dumb and there is a seal on your heart .You people have still time start loving prophets Ahlebait and improve your hereafter other wise your prophet won't come for ur help on doomsday
      for having malice for his beloved grand children.

      Delete
    3. When my blood starts boiling for seeing their hatred for ahlebait think how much they hurt our beloved prophet for having malice with his Ahlebait and how much he will hate these ppl.If somebody start misbehaving with your children what u will feel .In the same way our prophet will think of you. Our prophet will not do your shifaat on roze mehshar for having malice with his Ahlebait

      Delete
  6. Assalam Alaikum brother Abdullah, this article is so great MashaAllah, May Allah Almighty Bless you, in the incident number 4 the arab said that "the food which i consumed from the table of Imam Reza (a.s) has turned into flesh and blood" can you please explain, i didnt understand that part, thank you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment