Skip to main content

Karbala, I miss you and I will never forget you.

After Imam Ali (as) was struck, the fatal strike with the poisonous sword, Imam Ali (as) said a few words to his sons Imam Hassan (as) and Imam Hussain (as). This is a little excerpt from his final will:
O Children of Abdul Muttalib! Do not shed the blood of Muslims under the banner: The Imam has been assassinated! Only the assassin should be condemned to death.

If I die of this stroke of his, kill him with one similar stroke. Do not mutilate him! I have heard the Prophet, peace be upon him, say: “Mutilate not even a rabid dog.” 

This man, who taught his sons never to mutilate anyone, think of what must have gone through his mind and how hurt he would’ve been when his own family was being mutilated.
When Qasim’s (as), his eldest son’s son, dead body was trampled by horses, what he would have been feeling is unimaginable.
When his second son, Imam Hussein’s (as) body was covered in arrows to the point that when he fell, he didn’t fall on his back but his body stopped on the arrows. Think of how he felt when his son’s head was cutoff and put on an arrow and displayed as treasures of war.
Think of what he must have been going through when his other son, Abbas (as), was mutilated while he was alive! Both of his hands were cut off, an arrow in his eye. This is the Moon of Banu Hashim we’re talking about!
When the bodies of Abbas (as), Ali Asghar (as), Ali Akbar (as), Hussain (as), and Qasim (as) had horses running over them from left to right, and people were glittering with joy at that sight.
Think of the pain Amir-ul-Momineen (as) was going through.

--------Majlis  Sayyed Ammar Nakshawani (Biography of Imam Hussain a.s)

 Imagine when your father has died and someone comes up to you from Syria and he asks you;
“ What’s your name?”  He said, “I am Hosseyn”
“Son of who?” “Son of Ali ibn Abi Taleb ” He said, “ May Allah curse you and your father Ali”
If someone talked to you like that how would you reply back?
 “May Allah curse you and your father ” - the man was Hisab ibn Mustalak.
The Imam (a.s.) said: 
“Is the wind of this area hurting you? Or maybe you had a disagreement with your wife? Is there a shelter for you to stay in? Has no one provided you with clothing? Please come and stay in my house if you are a stranger around this area ”
Wallah that kills me. The man began to cry. Hisab said,
 “Ya Aba Abdallah! I cursed your father in front of you and this is how you answer me back, by making your house available to me?!”
The Imam (a.s.) said: 
This is the family of Rasoolilah and this is how we treat people. People may come and curse us but we come back with morals because our grandfather Rasoolilah came to perfect the morals of mankind  ”
Notice these stories don’t have anything to do with Karbala.
Before Karbala in the Battle of Nahrawan, soldiers who were caught by Ali ibn Abi Taleb (a.s.) were standing. One of the soldiers, you all know him very well, he was fighting Ali ibn Abi Taleb on that day. He had some rope around his hands. It wasn’t too tight but it was around the hands. Imam al-Hosseyn a.s was walking past and he saw the soldier. The soldier looked at him and said,
“  Hosseyn, I beg you, please remove this rope from around my hands. The rope is causing nervousness in me, please remove it  ” , Al-Hosseyn  a.s went back to his father and asked,
 “O my father, I want to ask a favour from you ”
His father replied,   “  Yes, what is it?  ”
  Imam Hussain a.s  said : “ this person over there, do you see him? ”   “ Yes, I do see him  ” 
Imam Hussain  said : “  He says to me the rope is tight around his hands, even though you would never put a tight rope, but it seems to be hurting him. And he asked me to remove it. O my father, do you allow  me? ”
Ali  a.s looked at him and he said, “O Aba Abdallah, go ahead. Aba Abdallah, why do you want to answer this  the man’s plea ? “
Imam Hussain  said :O my father when someone asks through me, how can I reject ?  I don’t want the person to be embarrassed.”
When you realize who this person is, then you will realize how magnanimous this man is.
He went back to the person, Al-Hosseyn  a.s said
“Give me your hands ” and removed the rope from the hands of Shimr ibn al-Jawshan.
 “ Tell me  which mercy did he show you when he sat on your chest on that afternoon in Karbala? ”
 ” One day you sat on the chest of your grandfather Rasulallah (s), the next Shimr sat on your chest. How could your ummah let you down and slaughter the one who was from the prophet and the prophet was from him.  ”
Allah huma lan qatlatal Hussain (a.s.)

Comments